Manual Event (Session ID,DateTime,Event) = jakfc7nidqpjh22n8ips58ujid 20220703202322 /courses-for-public/service-development-and-monitoring-2/presurvey/
Which of the following is incorrect about a self-learning system for effectiveness-based programme planning?
A self-learning system can help to strengthen the linkage between performance measurement, monitoring and programme evaluation.
Self-learning systems collect data or feedback from users about their operations, analyse the data and use the results to adjust how the programme operates.
A thermometer is an example of a self-learning system. You can use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the room in order to adjust the air-conditioning as needed to maintain a comfortable environment.
A self-learning system can help to differentiate the difference between performance measurement, monitoring and programme evaluation.
Which of the following statements about performance measurement is/are correct?
- Performance measurement is an assessment of the degree to which a programme is implemented as planned and serves its target group.
- Performance measurement is the ongoing reporting of a programme’s accomplishments, including its outputs, quality and outcomes.
- Performance measurement seeks to make the programme more transparent to stakeholders.
Which of the following statements about monitoring is/are correct?
- Monitoring is the ongoing reporting of programme’s accomplishments.
- Monitoring is an assessment of the degree to which a programme is implemented as planned and serves its target group.
- Monitoring provides feedback to warn a social service administrator when the implementation of a programme begins to deviate from its design.
Which of the following is/are correct about programme evaluation?
- Programme evaluations are individual systematic studies conducted periodically or on an ad hoc basis to assess how well a programme is working.
- Programme evaluation is often concerned with determining the impact of a programme in order to inform policymakers and planners about its effectiveness.
- Programme evaluation is concerned with using programme outcomes and feedback to improve policy and planning.
Which of the following statements about formative and summative evaluations is/are correct?
- Formative evaluations are primarily related to analysing programme implementation and are intended to provide feedback and advice with the goal of improving the programme.
- Summative evaluations are primarily used to evaluate a programme’s effectiveness and examine whether the programme has achieved its intended objectives.
- Summative evaluations ask tough questions (e.g. “Should we be spending less money on this programme?”) in order to determine whether the programme is worth continuing.